Wednesday, August 30, 2017

SUNYWide Film Festival; 8.30.17

SUNYWide Film Festival; 8.30.17

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely summer and are ready to get back into the swing of the fall semester (if you aren't in school, lucky you). I started my senior year this week. I can't believe how quickly college has gone, and it's kind of intimidating to think about what I'm going to do afterwards... but for now, I've got a lot to focus on this semester.

I've got a few really light and easy classes just to tie up some loose ends, a class just for fun, and a class that I feel like I've been waiting my whole college career for. This semester, I'm taking a class called "The Film Festival" with professor A.D. Annas. This is a one-time class for Buffalo State, because it revolves entirely around a film festival coming to the Buffalo area.

Ever heard of the SUNYWide Film Festival (SWFF)? This November will be the 8th annual event, which rotates between SUNY campuses every year. This is the first time since SWFF's inception that it has been held at Buffalo State.

The class, created by Annas, is for a small group of students who have been selected to make this event happen. In the coming months, we will be working on different elements such as social media, advertising, marketing, and more to bring this event to life. Our goal is to host the largest SWFF to date!

To do this, we need your help. Follow us on social media to keep track of all of our latest updates, deadlines, and activities.

Can't wait to see you all at Buffalo State, November 9th - 11th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment